Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Attitude of Gratitude!



Happy Spring and Happy Self-Love Day Beautiful People!

I have been feeling frustrated lately and I am entitled to my emotions.

I can’t believe it is already April 13, 2008 and certain plans have not materialized like I wanted them to. I realize that when I am frustrated that I am out of balance….fretting over things that mean very little in the larger scheme of things like my hairstyle and photo shoots gone wrong etc. I know that when I am frustrated that I can balance this energy with deep breathing and gratitude. This Self –love day is dedicated to all those people, places and things that I am so very thankful for that make me grateful for being alive.

To the DIVINE for my health, focus, gifts, vision, passion, love, joy and mission. The sun, rain, moon, stars, dirt, flowers, water, clean air, the roots of a tree, honey bees, warm and cool breezes, leaves, sand and sea. The Spring! I love Spring!

Thank You!



I wanted to take the time to pay tribute to my favorite human in the whole wide world, my mother, Dutty, who believed in me %110 ever since I can remember and who allowed me to come back to her home after college to start my company.

Thank YOU!

I wanted to celebrate my spiritual mentor/sister, O, who slowed me down after fretting over not having enough chairs for one of my Tea Party Events and expressed to me that I could do Sisters’ Sanctuary on a rock.

Thank YOU!

To my Dad, Slim, who always has something encouraging and real to say about my mission and my work. I celebrate you DAD!!!!!

Thank YOU!

Miss Nikki Powerhouse who has brought so many thing beautiful things to my life but her pulling out that slightly chilled bottle of Poland Spring water on that hot summer day at that Penn's Landing (Philadelphia, PA) concert truly replenished my soul. YES! I yearned for water and you met that need right on time.

Ashe’ Thank YOU!

To BX in CA whose beautiful, and powerful soul showed up about ten years ago to enable me to access and embrace my truest self.

Thank YOU!

To legendary friend “Beats” Austin who shows up with consistent good, focused, inspirational energy and support. Thanks for keeping me on my toes with your truth and the goodness.

Thank YOU!

To KTBass! for showing up and giving me a business model to follow. I still am very grateful for your presence and inspiration in my life.

Thank YOU!

To my New Sister friend Monique in LA who slowed me down by breathing with me on the phone and assured me that all is well. Her call changed the course of my week!

Ashe’ Thank YOU!

To My Cuz Shanise B. who forwards all of my Sisters’ Sanctuary emails to everyone in her Network, has invested her human capital in my biz and who continues to inspires me through her work with the Akua Projects.

Thank You!

To my Beautiful, Outstanding and Amazing Students, I am your biggest fan! Your blooming nourishes me and gives me the fuel I need to continue to do the work. WATCH OUT WORLD!!!!

Thank YOU!

To Monisha your bath salts (Moya Body Care) make me feel like I am bathing in Heaven… amongst white clouds and warm gold colors. Yes! Yes! Yes! Thanks for calling to check up on me!

Thank YOU!

This is for one of North Philly’s Finest, Devon Allen. The brother with grace and style, and a cup full of goodness that overflows when he celebrates me with some kind of excellence for me and Sisters’ Sanctuary. Your kind is rare …you are truly a Gem!

Thank YOU!

To St. Clair Alphonso Brown, you Affirm what it means to "Make it Happen"! You remember SS when it was a seed in my heart and through your support, knowledge and insight you have helped to make it what it is today and what it will be. I truly appreciate your ear and your hand.

Thank YOU!

To the Legendary Andre Taylor of Taylor Grand aka “Andre For President!” who affirms and promotes my birthright to flourish! Thank you for inspiring the world to WIN. I’m moving Andre! I’m Moving!

Thank YOU!

To “Brother Earl Boyd!” who answer’s my million phone calls when I have a challenge in business. Thank You for having Earth, Wind and Fire on deck to keep your spirits nourished!

Thank YOU!

To Rueben Jones who did a modern dance in his play with no formal dance training. YESS Brotha YES!! Celebrate your Art and be Freeeeeee! Your tenacity inspires me!

Thank YOU!

To that cornbread and strawberry butter, watermelon lemonade with fresh fruit and edible orchids, and that delectable Tilipia entree at Sadiki’s Restaurant in Philadelphia….this meal…um um um…. make me thankful to be alive. It’s like a glorious sunshiny festival dancing on my tongue. YES!

Thank YOU!

To Sadiki of Sadiki’s Restaurant who exudes celebration in stillness and in movement.… Thank you for being a Kindred Spirit. I get lifted in your presence. YES!!

Thank YOU!

To Steve who made his introduction into my life by serenading me with the soulful house song, “Life Starts Today” and continues to present me with R&B renditions from Donnie Hathaway, Anita Baker, Glenn Jones and Aretha Franklin and so many more...that wake me up in the morning and have me jumping for joy through out the day (because I so loooooove music.) YES! YES! YES! YES!

Thank YOU!

I could go on for days. There is sooooo much beauty in my life and I sometimes have to be reminded to slooooooow dooooown to honor and celebrate it! *Takes a deeeeeeeeep breath and exhales slowly* I feel a lot better having wrote that. I wanted to echo the belief that there is so much abundance in the universe. Much, much, much goodness and love! But do we see it? Do we take the time to acknowledge it. Feeeeeel it!? Do we stop to really enjooooooooy it! Sometimes I get out of balance because I am human, but I am grateful for the people, places and things that the Divine has placed in my life to support me through. So this Self-day, let us focus on gratitude and the gifts that it bring. Let us model gratitude for our girls for they need to see women who are grateful for the non- material as well as the material!

Here’s to blooming your seeds of gratitude this Spring!

“Grace isn't a little prayer you chant before receiving a meal. It's a way to live.”
~Jackie Windspear

Lets us support each other in cultivating grace.


Happy Spring and Happy Sisters' Sanctuary Self -Love
Day Beautiful People!

Lacey!
Founder/Personal Empowerment Coach
Sisters' Sanctuary

What are you thankful for?

No comments: